This is going to be a short blog that contains 15 verses that makes it clear for us that ‘we can’t be of God and this world’.
Have had the opportunity lately to be in an academic circle of self-proclaimed Christians, because they told me they are Christians best believe I got me closer to them, and funny enough “everything is not what they seem like”. To cut the story short I was discouraged, not because am “Super-holy” or better than them, but because I found it hard to find a common ground of actually placing them in a Bible-believing Christian standard. Everything about them was so odd, their behaviour was just like what I was like before giving my life to Christ. In a way, it felt like they were blaspheming against the Christian faith. This whole thing for me made me think that they are not saved or they are just too caught up with the things of this world, making them have one hand on the world and the other hand on the Christian Faith. I can’t get a grip of the whole situation, but I will love everyone reading this to continue to pray as I will be also for them and for them to get saved and work for Christ and do God’s will.
This just a little of what I had come across regarding people who claim to be Christian but still their fruits are of the world, which led me to typing this blog on 15 verse(s) from the Bible that sets the record straight on how you can’t be of God and this world.
1. 1 John 2:15 ‘ Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him’.
2. 1 John 2:16 ‘ For all that is in the world – the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and the pride of life – is not form the Father but is from the world’.
3. 1 John 2:17 ‘And the world is passing away along with it’s desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
4. Romans 8:6-8 ‘For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the spirit is life and peace. For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
5. John 17:16 ‘They are not of this world, just as I am not of the world.
6. 1 John 5:4 ‘For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world – our faith.
7. John 15:19 ‘If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.
8. Matthew 16:26 ‘For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?’
9. 2 Corinthians 3:14 ‘Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?’
10. Romans 12:2 ‘Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect’.
11. 1 Peter 2:11-12 ‘Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. Keep your conduct among Gentiles honourable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation’.
12. 1 Corinthians 5:10 ‘not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world’.
13. Titus 2:11-12 ‘For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age,’
14. 2 Corinthians 10:3 ‘For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh’.
15. James 4:4 ‘You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God’.
Thanks for reading and KEEP THE FAITH STRONG!!